Sunday, February 24, 2008

Leaving Anderson...

Some didn't say but I know they thought this was a hasty decision to leave Anderson and go to Korea, the Land of the Morning Calm. There isn't anything calm about 45 million people inside a country half the size of California...

Anyway, my plan is to teach for one year at a private institute in Suwon City for one year and come back to L.A. to start graduate school. I can save a lot of money, travel, meet interesting people, learn Korean (finally) and make a large change in my life; where I was going I wasn't liking and this "sudden" change of packing and moving to a foreign country will do the job of implementing some major changes in my life. I was stuck and it was time to take action.

9 comments:

Hathora said...

Matthew-

I think you have a wonderful plan to begin your new journey in the next phase of your life. We all have methods of reaching our goals. You, oh lucky one, get to travel and continue working on your goal by teaching in another culture and community.

For those that care about, we look forward to seeing you back here in L.A. - Cali - such as myself. Until then, I look forward to hearing more about your life in Korea!

Dianthia said...

Matt,

Although I was truly sad about you leaving, I admire your courage! I for one believe that you should do what is best for you and what makes you happy :-)
행운을 빕니다, heng oohn uhl bim nee dah (good luck)

Palmer said...

Thanks Dianthia for your kind words!

Professor Fred said...

Yo Dude. Let's see if this works.
I can't believe you are in Bolevia!! Can you even speak Arabic? Fred

Professor Fred said...

Hi Matt. Remember when I went off to Israel and wrote about needing to bring along my "underwhere"? You and Andrew thought it was sooooo funny. You laughted for weeks. Why was that so phunny?

kelly said...

Hi Matt,
You are truly missed. Thankfully we can gain some access to you via this hilarious blog! Your writing is just as fun and interesting as you are. I look forward to reading your blog, hopefully just about every day.

Be well, my friend!

Professor Fred said...

Seven days, wow, I cann't believe you have been there for an entire week. Your head--as opposed to your posting--must be spinning! Get grounded, man, and hit the bars! Show those Koreans what American is all about!!! :)

Palmer said...

Prof Fred,

I teach arabic to Korean kids. Imagine!

Palmer said...

Hi Dianthia,

I missed your comment and Prof Fred's! Thanks for the good words!