Sunday, July 20, 2008

Selling stuff in Korea

Hello blog readers. I have used Craigslist.org here in Korea and sold some of my stuff already! I love that website. I got two hits on my cheap Korean bike, one on the guitar and one on the am/fm radio, but the latter was an Internet Paypal type scam. Not me, wise blog reader! I don't fall for that!

I went to a LA public library lecture given by Craig Newmark, the Creator of Craigslist, about two years ago. Rest assured, paranoid blog users. He's one of us, the peeps, workers, proletariat. Looking after for our Internet brethren. Fighting the spam, keeping the Internet free. One of his values is helping society. Although some may criticize him at that, what have you done lately for bettering society?

I sold my acoustic guitar today to some dude named Peter. Every single time I talked to him on the phone, he seemed so out of it! I called him at 12:30pm; it sounded like he just woke up. I called him another time at 7pm, it sounded like...he just woke up. He confused Suwon Station with Seryu Station today. He made me nervous. I could sense the "flake factor" creeping in. Like that terminology? So, I called him to confirm two times. He showed up at the Seryu subway station today--the correct station. It was pouring f-in rain. Typhoon. Raining baboons. Little baby baboons scratching themselves and throwing dung at everyone. I've never seen so much rain!

Anyway, he insisted that I hand him the guitar over the exit guard rail to inspect and play. WTF? No way! He could just run off with it! I would need a subway token just to enter and chase after him! He had one of those Korean T-Money plastic, rechargeable cards for the subway/rail transportation. The card is $3 and the refills are $5. Each ride on the subway is like 80 cents! Cheap bastard! It would cost him like 80 cents to exit and sit down and play the guitar he wants to buy! I told him no. Forgettabout. He relented and exited the turnstile and sat down and played. He liked the guitar. He bought it for 50.00 and off I went to wait for the 83-1 Suwon bus.

In two weeks I will sell my bike and hopefully my stereo. Anyone interested?

No comments: