Saturday, August 2, 2008

My relative funk

Hi there blog reader, oh so kind in prescribing to your daily dose of Palmer in Korea! Welcome back. I hope you slept well over there in your part of the world and was kind to rewind (early VCR cassette reference) and not fluff the covers while your significant other was sleeping! hehe.

Today's daily dose is like a sour smelling kim chi smack on your cheek! (Please make your own kung fu sound here! Oi, ya!) Yes, my relative funk. No, I am not in a funk but my relative is. It seems that another relative's birthday is coming up and she doesn't want to cook that day but instead have her family and friends pot luck it or bring some take out. I can understand that, blog reader. Who wants to clean or cook on your birthday? Not Palmer.

The real source of ire is that my relative funk is funky about the time her birthday was forgotten by the other relatives who are close in proximity and in blood. So my relative is feeling angry about that still and has been getting the stink eye a lot from the other relative (are you following or falling asleep?) when she makes her wonderful, delicious food and brings it over. In all fairness, blog reader, only one gives the stink eye and the other just eats and enjoys. Oh, such grievances between the bloods. Good thing she is not a crip, blog reader. If you're not understanding the slang, no worries. Keep reading.

Okay: here are the list of grievances, not in any order, done by Party A (two defendants) to Party B (my relative funk--the title of this entry--or one plaintiff):

1. Party A forgot Party B's B-day and took over one week to realize that (minus 100 score). Duh!

2. Party A forgot to call Party B and say "yes" or "no" to a home cook meal on a big important day (-10)

3. Party A continually makes the stink eye towards Party B's food on most occasions (-10)

4. Party A did not ask Party B about a culinary school for Party A's son nor did that son ask Party B for her thoughts on going to said institute when knowing that Party B is a foodie, etc (-7)

5. Party A lives in their own world (-2. I think we all do)
7. Party A only thinks about their own needs, all the time (-10)

Who's keeping score? Not me--I can't add.

I talked to Party B about talking to Party A about her feelings and grievances. I hope she does. Maybe Party B would be better and healthier (emotionally) not holding a gripe for such a long time against Party A. Not that Party A does not deserve some straightening out. They do. One of Party A's long term issue is the absence of communication of two of his four kids! Wow!

Party A (only one person out of two) may feel insecure about her own cooking and attack Party B's cooking by finding fault. Party A has this lame philosophy, or mabye they don't practice it anymore, where they say, "It's not what I say but how you take what I said." I may have paraphrased it wrong but personally, that's bullshit. When someone gives you the stink eye and makes comments about your cooking--and believe me blog reader--Party B's cooking is wonderful, Party A being a jerk. Or when Party A declares that Party B's soup was a bit off in taste...why volunteer your displeasure? Is that really going to "help" Party B's soup? It's like someone getting a bad haircut (like me in Korea--it's tough cutting curly hair in the land of straight hair) and saying to that person: your hair is really bad. Well, duh! I know my hair is bad. Look: Just don't say anything if you don't like my hair or soup. That's the best method to get along with any Party. Otherwise, you hurt people's feelings which Party B is feeling.

No comments: