Friday, August 8, 2008

What?!

Last week the Director asked me to work Monday and Tuesday (August 11 and 12) of this coming week. No problem. They are short staffed and I am getting paid to teach so what the hey... Later, in an email, he said I am to work the morning of August 11 and all day on the 12th. I need to do close my bank account and transfer my money on Aug 12 and it wasn't clear, in his email, if he meant I should teach the afternoon of the 11th too! I called him on his cell phone after 8pm. He said that the schedule is on his office computer and that all the teachers have maxed out their hours, so he wanted me to work all day on the 12th . I told him that I prefer not to teach the morning of the 12th but can teach the 11th. And, does he mean only the am on the 11th? He still wasn't clear. I told him, as a matter of fact, that B hasn't maxed out his hours and if he could work the morning of the 12th, that would be helpful to me. The Director said he would think about it.

Yesterday, the Director emailed me and B. He told B that he will work the morning of the 12th. That will give B 23 hours that week! A record! He is the only teacher that works 20 hours; the rest of us are 29 or 30 hours a week. All of us are maxed out in hours? Huh?!

In his latest email I will work the am of the 11th only and have my regular Tuesday (Aug 12th) schedule. I get to do my banking and say good bye to my kids with an official party! It's still not clear if I am to work the lunch hour on the 11th! WTF!!

The Director is never clear in his emails. He writes well but is purposely ambiguous. It's very frustrating. Even in person he evades answers or goes around the subject. He has a military background in "intelligence", nice training, eh?

No comments: