Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Unemployed

Yes, blog reader. The Palmster is unemployed. Hmm. I've had some interviews and I know I will get a job but I would like to work sooner than later. I like working; it makes me feel productive and useful. I mean: how many times can you masturbate in a day anyway? Actually, the time off is in good use. I have fixed the toilet seat, put up a shoe rack, cleaned, done countless loads of laundry (no, I didn't use my socks for anything else than my feet!), meal preparations, shopping and driving my baby to/from work. It's not a vacation by any means. Looking for work is a full time job! The agencies all feel and act incompetent and probably they are all over worked too. They are not doing a good job. This Thursday i will sign up with another one that specializes in the law. I hate law firms. I've done that temp work before and they all reek of troubled people, troubled clients. It's a pay check but is it worth it? I can't burn through my savings. (like that Winehouse song) No, no, no. I can't sit around and smoke grass all day. No, no, no. I have to have a job so I can write songs. I need the money or else: no honey. Uh oh!

2 comments:

kelly said...

Wow, did you really write these posts at 5am? I didn't know you are such an early bird! I hope you find a JOB real soon, and on campus. Have you heard back from Life Sciences, or whatever dept it was that you interviewed with? That's really gross about the cockroach at the Cheesecake Factory. Did you go to the one in Brentwood? Ew! Thanks for the movie review on "Righteous Kill". I had wanted to see it, but had heard bad reviews, and yours clinched it. Guess we will save $ and not see that one... Hope to see you soon! :)

Palmer said...

Hi Kelly,

I saved you and Ken like $14.00 w/ my film review! Cool! I like saving money for my friends! The film sucked. Oh, well. Maybe the $1 rental DVD will suffice one day?

I didn't post at 5am, I think blogger needs some tweaking. I am using a Mac and it's not compatible w/ blogger (can't copy and paste correctly unless in html) and maybe the time stamp got messed up?

We went to the Cheesecake factory in Aracadia, CA. It's about 45 minutes from the westside. i'm sure most restaurants have roaches and rats but they keep things clean, hopefully. i don't like thinking about some rats eating their lunch under the wooden booth when I'm eating my lunch! Yuck!!

No job yet. I will take p/t work. I need to work. Been feeling a little anxious not working: i like to keep busy. the good thing I ride my bicycle everywhere now! What's the music for PeeWee's great Adventure?? Yes, I am free on my bike! it's fun but not good to go to an interview being sweaty. so, i borrow Yanne's car to do that. :)

Haven't heard back from Life Sci. I think the budget in CA not being signed has made CAO's on campus hesitant. I dunno.