Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Living the Dream

Today, as our financial markets get bailed out by the U.S. Federal Reserve for about 80 plus billion and the CEO of AIG is replaced by Paulson's Allstate Insurance friend, I think about the crying child in the library and the homeless man at the computer who smells and has layers of dirt on his hands. In the words Larry from my SMC business class of the past, his soles of his shoes flopping and flailing in the wind, are we "living the dream?"

The dream of owning a house without money down? Low interest rates to borrow more than we can pay or afford? Spending billions on a war in Iraq and Afganistan? Are we a healthy society? If we bomb the crap out of the Middle East, will that solve some of our problems? If we become totally independent of foreign oil, will that solve the problem?

2 comments:

kelly said...

Hi Matt,
It's been almost a month since your last post. I need my fix!!!! :)

Palmer said...

I know! Thanks for the post. I just posted my hate rant against macintoshes. enjoy. :)